Hello everyone, I hope you’ve all had a great week! The weekend is here again and it’s time for something sweet…
Hello Dolly Bars, or Magic Bars, are often seen in bakeries in the southeastern parts of the USA.
They are easy to make and oh so good… I used Vanilla Wafers for the base, but you could use any type of biscuit or cookie, even Oreos.
Hello Dolly Bars
- 9 oz. (250 g) Vanilla Wafer crumbs (you can find my recipe for Vanilla Wafers here)
- 1/2 cup (120 g) butter, melted
- 5 oz. (150 g) walnuts, chopped
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) fresh coconut, grated
- 2 1/2 oz. (75 g) dark chocolate buttons
- 2 1/2 oz. (75 g) white chocolate buttons
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat the oven to 350 ºF (180 ºC).
Put the Vanilla Wafer crumbs and the melted butter into a bowl and stir until combined, then tip into a lined 8 x 12-inch (20 x 30 cm) baking pan and press down to make an even layer.
Sprinkle over the chopped walnuts, coconut and the dark and white chocolate, and drizzle over the condensed milk.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
Leave to cool completely, then chill for 1 hour before cutting into squares.
I hope you will all have a wonderful weekend, take care of each other.
Hugs from me to you.