Hello everyone, I hope you’ve had a lovely weekend.
I’m back home again after some travelling, looking forward to a new week.
Today’s temptation is a delicious pie which I brought with me to the Swedish tv4 studio yesterday…
Oreo caramel walnut tart
- 6 oz. (170 g) finely ground Oreos (remove the white filling)
- 1/3 cup (70 g) melted butter
- 3 tablespoons regular sugar
- 2 quantities caramel sauce
- 5 oz. (150 g) walnuts
- 1/3 cup (70 g) unsalted butter
- 4 oz. (115 g) dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons liquid glucose
First make the caramel sauce, you can find the recipe here.
Tip the walnuts onto a baking tray and toast in a 350 F (180 C) oven for about 7 minutes.
When the caramel sauce is ready, leave to cool for about 5 minutes before stirring in the toasted walnuts. Set aside.
Finely grind the Oreos in a blender, or by putting them in a plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin. (Remove the white filling first.)
Put the crushed Oreos into a bowl and stir in the melted butter and sugar.
Press the mixture into a 7-inch pie dish or a regular baking pan, then place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
Pour the caramel and walnut mixture over the Oreo base.
Chill for about 1 hour.
Make the topping by putting all the ingredients into a bowl, then place the bowl over a pan of simmering water.
Stir until the mixture is nice and shiny. (You could just use coating chocolate instead, if you prefer.)
Pour the chocolate topping over the caramel filling.
Chill for at least 3 hours.
Cut into slices…
A small bite goes a long way, I think I may have been a bit hungry when I cut this slice… 🙂
To make the caramel for this recipe, make sure you:
- stir until you can see that all the sugar has dissolved (if you don’t the sauce will have sugar crystals here and there)
- turn up the heat to high when the sugar has dissolved, then cook, without stirring, until the sauce has a deep caramel color.
If you follow these “rules” your sauce will have an amazing caramel flavor.
I hope you are tempted…
I wish you all a great Monday!
Hugs from me to you.