Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. I can hardly believe Wednesday is here already, the weeks just seem to fly by!
It’s been a rainy day where I live, and when my youngest boy asked for waffles I couldn’t say no… Waffles are perfect for rainly days.
I was tempted to try a recipe from this lovely book, and ended up making “Bogstadveiens beste vafler”, meaning “Bogstadveien’s best waffles”.
Bogstadveien’s best waffles (from the Norwegian book Det søte liv – Kristines favoritter)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon (50 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) soured milk, or use buttermilk
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 g) regular sugar
- 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) whole milk
- 2 1/4 cups (290 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar (or use extract)
- butter, for the waffle iron
Note from me: I added vanilla to the original recipe. I also used vanilla custard/sauce instead of the sour cream, and I used 3 eggs instead of 1.
Put all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk until smooth and lump free.
Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
Butter your waffle iron and make thick, soft waffles. It’s important to butter the iron between each waffle.
Serve when still warm…
I served these waffles with Maine Maple Syrup, which has an amazing flavor.
In my house waffles are often topped with banana, strawberries and a drizzle of maple syrup…
I hope you’re tempted to make waffles!
I wish you all a wonderful evening.
Hugs from me to you.