Hello everyone, I hope your weekend has been a good one so far.
Today’s temptations are delicious candy cane brownies – brownies with crushed candy cane and covered in a luscious chocolate glaze.
If you’re not a fan of candy canes, just leave them out.
Candy Cane Brownies
- 1 1/4 cup (160 g) all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons pure unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11 1/2 oz. (325 g) dark chocolate
- 1 cup (230 g) butter
- 1–2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (120 g) light soft brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (350 g) regular sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 oz. (200 g) chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 5 oz. (150 g) walnuts
- 10 candy canes, plus some more for decorating
Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Put the chocolate, butter and instant espresso powder into a bowl.
Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then stir until everything is melted and smooth.
Turn off the heat, but leave the bowl where it is.
Add the brown and white sugar and stir until well blended.
Remove the bowl from the heat and add all the eggs. Stir until well blended, but don’t stir more than necessary.
Mix together the flour and cocoa powder.
Tip into the bowl, add the vanilla extract and stir until everything is well blended.
Stir in the crushed candy canes and the walnuts.
Pour the batter into a baking pan, mine is 8 x 12 inches (20 x 30 cm).
Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, no more.
Leave to cool completely, then freeze for 1 hour.
- 14 oz. (400 g) dark chocolate chips or roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cup (3 dl) heavy cream
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon (100 ml) light corn syrup or liquid glucose
Heat the cream with the light corn syrup or glucose. When this starts to boil, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate.
Leave for a few minutes, then stir until smooth and glossy.
Remove the brownie base from the freezer and pour over the chocolate glaze, then spread out to cover completely.
Decorate with some candy canes, if you like.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, then cut into squares and serve, with joy in your heart…
I hope you’re tempted… have a great Sunday everyone.
Hugs from me to you
Christmas offer: Retro apron 249,- NOK, place your order here.