Hello everyone! The weekend is nearly here again, the weeks just seem to fly by…
Today’s temptation is a treat I have every time I stay at the Rica Hotel in Bergen, Norway. These chocolate treats are created by the hotel’s head chef Lucia Egusquiza Modonese, lucky for us I got to share the recipe on my blog.
Bergens Delight Chocolate Treats – super easy to make, and they make a great present for your friends and family.
Bergens Delight Chocolate Treat
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (50 g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200 g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 g) regular sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) runny honey
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (200 ml) heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) Belgian bitter chocolate
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) Belgian milk chocolate
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) hazelnuts or macadamias
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) Honey Puffs (cereal)
- 2 oz. (60 g) coconut
Put the butter, sugars, honey, cream and salt into a saucepan.
Place on the heat and stir regularly until melted and boiling.
Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring continously.
Remove from the heat and stir in both types of chocolate. Turn down the heat to low and put the saucepan back on, stirring for about 2 minutes until the chocolate has melted.
Stir in the nuts and Honey Puffs.
Pour into a lined 8 x 10-inch (20 x 25 cm) baking pan, spread out to make an even layer. Sprinkle with the coconut.
Refrigerate for a few hours until completely set, then cut into squares and enjoy!
With love from Bergen.
I wish you all a wonderful day!
Hugs from me to you.