Good morning everyone! It’s Wednesday already and I hope you’re starting to feel that Christmas spirit, and that you have found something to tempt you here on Passion4Baking.
I love making Coconut Ice for Christmas, both for my family and to give away as presents.
You can make them in pretty pastel colors, or in Christmassy reds and greens.
Coconut Ice (approx. 35-40 minis)
- butter, for greasing
- 397 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 350 g desiccated coconut
- 2 3/4 cups (350 g) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food coloring paste, optional
- 1 teaspoon titanium dioxide, optional (see tip below)
Put all the ingredients apart from the food coloring into a bowl and mix well. If you are going to use titanium dioxide, add it here.
Line a baking pan with baking paper, I use a 8 x 12-inch (20 x 30 cm) pan here.
Tip in half of the coconut ice mixture and press down to make an even layer.
Mix the coloring paste into the remaining mixture, and spread out onto the first layer.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill until the next day.
Cut into cubes, share and enjoy!
So pretty, and perfect to give away as a present. I use a transparent box like the one on the picture, and a cute bow or string.
These can be stored in a cool place for at least 3 weeks.
- Tip: titanium dioxide is highly effective as a whitener for confectionery, and when adding pink food coloring later the final result will be a very beautiful baby pink color.
I wish you all a great day!
Hugs from me to you.
- Christmas offer: Retro apron 249,- NOK. Place your order here.