Hello everyone, I hope you are all well and that you are enjoying this lovely time of Advent.
I love a white Christmas, time will show if we’ll have one this year.
These meringues are always a hit on my Christmas dessert table, everyone seems to love the combination of Raffaelo chocolates, fresh coconut, and walnuts. Irresistible!
Coconut and walnut meringues
- 2 1/2 cups (550 g) regular or superfine sugar
- 7 egg whites
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 1/2 oz. (75 g) walnuts
- 3 1/2 oz. (100 g) Raffaello confections
- 2 1/2 oz. (75 g) coconut
- I like making superfine sugar, just put regular sugar into a blender and whizz until superfine. If you add the seeds from a vanilla pod you’ll end up with lovely homemade vanilla sugar!
- Put all the ingredients except the Raffaelos, coconut, and walnuts into a large bowl, then place over a pan with simmering water.
- Whisk by hand until the sugar has dissolved. This will go faster if using superfine sugar.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and whisk for about 5 minutes on high speed.
- Add the coconut, walnuts and crushed Raffaello chocolates.
- Gently mix until everything is well blended.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place mounds of the meringue mixture onto the trays.
- Bake in a 257 °F (125 °C) oven for one hour. I use the fan setting here.
- Turn the oven off, but leave the meringues in there for another 30 minutes.
The meringues are ready to serve, enjoy with your family and friends!
Have a merry white Christmas.
I wish you all a wonderful night and good luck with the preparations for the holidays.
Remember the ones who may be lonely, maybe you can cheer them up with something yummy and homemade?
Christmas hug from me to you.