Hello everyone, Monday is here again and a new week is ahead of us.
I love Middle East food, even if it’s easy to make it’s always full of delicious flavors. When I cook at home I mostly cook food from the Mediterranean cuisine.
This simple potato salad is a typical Persian dish, and if you add pieces of cooked chicken it’s originally called Salad Olivieh.
So if you want to make the classic Salad Olivieh, or Persian chicken salad, just add some chicken.
- 4 medium boiled potatoes roughly chopped
- 4 boiled eggs chopped
- 6 gherkins
- 450 gram chicken pieces cooked
- 8 tbsp mayonnaise
- 280 gram green peas canned
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Bring out all the ingredients. It’s important that the potatoes and the eggs have been left to cool for at least 20 minutes. Finely chop the gherkins.
- Put the potato and eggs into a bowl and season with black pepper and the garlic powder. Mix well. I use my hands for this, wearing disposable gloves.
- Add the peas and chopped gherkins.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix well. If you want to make the traditional Persian Salad Olivieh, add chicken here as well. I poach the chicken in some salted water for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through. Leave to cool before cutting into smaller pieces.
- I just love this salad…
- Sometimes I like to eat this with some toasted bread, but it’s also delicious with grilled meat.
- I hope you are tempted. Bon appétit. With love from Manuela’s Diner.
With Love from Manuela.