Happy Monday everyone, I hope your weekend was a good one.
Today’s recipe is Tabbouleh. Tabbouleh is a typical Middle Eastern salad which consists of ingredients such as parsley. tomato, spring onions and bulgar wheat.
It’s a lovely accompanient to meat and potatoes.
- 60 gram bulgur wheat
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 limes
- 1/2 lemon
- 200 gram fresh flatleaf parsley
- 15 gram fresh mint leaves
- 100 gram spring onions (scallions)
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1/2-1 tsp salt
- 1/2-1 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Use the fine bulgur wheat for this recipe. Put it into a bowl.
- Pour in boiling water to cover the bulgur completely, then leave to steep for 30 minutes.
- Wash the parsley and chop quite finely. Chop the spring onions, tomatoes and mint leaves.
- Mix well. Drain the bulgur wheat in a sieve and add it to the other ingredients. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and pour over the juice from the limes and 1/2 lemon, and the olive oil.
- Toss everything together and your tabbouleh is ready to serve. Tabbouleh works well with chicken and rice, or meat and potatoes, but it’s delicious on it’s own, too.
With love from Manuela.