Good morning everyone.
Today I made a healthier oatmeal muffin, perfect for the mornings when you need a quick breakfast on the go, but you still need something to fill you up until lunchtime.
If you like oats you’ll be sure to like these muffins, here is the recipe.
- 115 gram unsalted butter
- 150 gram oats
- 200 gram all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 265 gram light brown soft sugar
- 400 ml whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 45 gram oats
- 40 gram all-purpose flour
- 50 gram walnuts and pecans chopped
- 65 gram light brown soft sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 55 gram butter melted
- Put 30 grams (2 tablespoons) of the butter in a frying pan with the oats.
- Fry the oats in the butter on a medium heat for about 6-8 minutes until softened. When it starts to brown and smell a bit like popcorn, it’s ready.
- Put the oats in a food processor and whizz until quite finely ground.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whizz for another 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the rest of the butter (85 grams / 1/3 cup), melted, and the light brown soft sugar. Mix well.
- Add 2 eggs and the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour in the milk, I use whole milk but use whatever you have on hand.
- Stir until everything is well blended.
- Tip in the flour and oat mixture and stir until everything is well blended.
- Set aside for 10 minutes for the mixture to firm up.
- I use these super cute paper cases from Siluett of Sweden, the same company that produces my own cupcake liners. I just love the quality and the pretty designs. Divide the mixture between 12 medium cupcake paper cases. If you use xl paper cases like me you’ll get 8 muffins.
- Put all the ingredients for the topping into a bowl and stir until everything is well blended.
- Top each of the filled cupcake cases with 1-2 tablespoons of the topping. Bake in a 190 C/375 F oven for about 18-25 minutes.
- Freshly baked and ready to be devoured… The kitchen smells amazing!
- Breakfast oatmeal muffins – baked with love.
- If I don’t have light brown soft sugar at home I use regular sugar instead. I also like to add 1 or 2 mashed bananas, just add them at the very end when making the batter. The muffins on the picture are made with regular sugar and banana, also very good.
- If you have some thoughts about what you’d like to se here at Passion4Baking, please leave a comment below.
With Love from Manuela.