Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
It’s no secret that my favorite US restaurant is the Cheesecake Factory.
When I have a chance to go there I always get the grilled chicken Caesar salad, and the famous banana cheesecake. I’ll leave the cheesecake for later, but today I’ll share my version of the Caesar salad.
It’s definitely the dressing which makes all the difference, it makes the salad one of the best salads ever.
Here’s my version.
My Caesar salad dressing has lots of Parmesan cheese and other tasty ingredients, and it’s the perfect dressing for crisp iceberg lettuce topped with lemon marinated grilled chicken.
- 500 gram mayonnaise
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 lemons
- 2 tsp colmans mustard
- 2 ts worcestershire sauce
- 60 gram Parmesan cheese
- 1 ts black pepper preferably freshly ground
- 6 chicken breast fillets
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper mix
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 day-old loaf of white bread, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried French herbs
- Bring out all the ingredients for the dressing.
- I use Colman’s mustard, but any mustard will do.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor, whizz for 30 seconds to one minute.
- If you don’t have a blender or food processor, just put into a bowl and whisk well.
- This will make 600-700 ml dressing, enough for about 8 portions.
- Season the chicken breast fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper, drizzle with the olive oil and juice from 2 lemons. Turn the chicken in the seasoning, oil and lemon juice. Put into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, then place in the refrigerator for a few hours, or preferably overnight. I have a small electric grill at home and usually use this for grilling the chicken, about 4-5 minutes on each side. You can of course use a regular frying pan, just add a little olive oil to the pan and place on a medium heat. Cook the chicken until cooked through.
- Wash the iceberg lettuce and roughly chop. Toss with some of the dressing and some croutons. Cut the chicken into slices across almost right through, but not quite, and place on top of the salad. Grate some extra Parmesan on top, if you like, and enjoy!
- Croutons are easy to make. Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F and line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the sliced bread into small dice and toss with the remaining ingredients. Toast in the preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool.
With Love from Manuela.