Hello everyone. One of the dishes I love to eat when abroad, and have the chance to go to a Hard Rock Café, is classic nachos.
I had classic nachos for the first time when I was in Nashville, I just love how plain nachos can be “dressed up” to give the feeling of luxury!
The nachos at Hard Rock Café are often served with tortilla chips, kidney beans, montery jack cheese, tomatoes, jalapeños and spring onions. It’s simply one of my favorite things to eat, and so good with a side of salsa sauce and sour cream.
This dish is a wonderful weekend treat. Let the beef rest in a marinade for a few hours for the ultimate flavor. I also love to have these nachos with Dip Cheddar cheese style to get as close to the Hard Rock Café nachos as possible.
- 400 ml tomato purée
- 200 ml water
- 1/4 onion
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 4 spring onions (scallions)
- 1-2 fresh jalapeños
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1/2-1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 65 ml olive oil
- corn tortilla chips
- Dip Cheddar cheese style
- sour cream
- spring onions
- Salsa sauce
- Bring out all the ingredients for the sauce. Finely chop, or just roughly chop and throw everything into the food processor.
- A quick whizz and the sauce is ready.
- Homemade salsa is miles better than shop bought. If you prefer a fresher tasting salsa you can use 1-2 cans chopped tomatoes and the juice from 1/2 lemon instead of the tomato purée and water. I got this tip from a reader.
- Cut the beef into thin strips, then set aside. Put all the ingredients for the marinade into a blender and whizz until smooth. Pour into a clean plastic bag and add the beef. Mix well and leave to marinate fo a few hours, or preferably overnight. Jeg griller det etterhvert på min elektrise grill, men du kan også bruke steke pannetil dette.
- Arrange some corn tortilla chips on a plate. Add Dip Cheddar cheese style, beef, tomatoes, jalapeños, salsa sauce, sour cream, well, basically everything you love…
- This is the “Dip Cheddar cheese style” I like to use, I just dig it.
- Bon appétit everyone. With Love from Manuela.
With Love from Manuela.