Hello everyone, I hope your weekend was a good one.
I made these garlic parmesan baked fries, a recipe I got at a restaurant in Sharjah. I was there a few months ago because of the Sharjah Book Fair.
I made them with frozen potato wedges, but you can of course use regular potatoes. The taste is amazing, when I got to taste them for the first time it was love from the first bite… Actually I ordered another two bowls straight away. I went back to the same restaurant just to have these potatoes, and finally the chef gave me the recipe.
I found a picture on my mobile from that restaurant, this is how they served the food. They used potatoes with the skins on and garnished them with slices of lemon.
Both my daughter and I were so full after having three servings each, but the next day we just had to go back for more…
As you may understand by now – these are highly recommended, here is the recipe.
Garlic parmesan baked fries are easy to make, yet so incredibly good. A luxurious variation of the humble potato, and with lots of flavor. These potatoes are first roasted, then dressed in a mixture of melted butter, lemon, sea salt and parsley, then baked again and topped with parmesan. I hope you’ll love the flavour, just like everyone in my family.
- 500 gram potatoes or frozen potato wedges
- 1/2 lemon , the juice
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 35 gram unsalted butter
- 1 handful parsley chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 10-20 gram Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C. If using regular potates: boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes, drain and cut each potato into 4 wedges. Put in an ovenproof pan and set aside.
- If using frozen potato wedges: remove from the freezer and tip into an ovenproof pan. Roast in the oven as described on the packet. If using regular potatoes: roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and start making the dressing. .
- Mix together the melted butter, lemon juice, sea salt, garlic and chopped parsley. (If you don’t have fresh parsley use 1 tsp dried.) Pour the dressing over the potatoes and return to the oven. Bake until they look bronzed and well done.
- I use these pretty pink baskets lined with food safe paper. I got these baskets at www.ruth66.no in Oslo.
- When the potates are done, sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese. This is so good… the perfect accompaniment to a delicious steak and some salad.
- I hope you are tempted, have a great week! Hugs from me to you.
With love from Manuela.