I am a big fam of the potato, I could have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if it was up to me.
My friends are always so surprised when we are out eating and my order is a plate of mashed potatoes… “What!? That’s it? No salad, no meat?”
I’ve loved potatoes since I was a little girl, and if I was lucky enough to have some money in my pocket I would buy some green peas, pickled cucumbers or a bag of potatoes.. it’s wierd, I know.
But now to the recipe.
Garlic and Parmesan mashed potatoes are just heavenly; deluxe mashed potatoes with lots of flavor. The cheese and the garlic really give this dish that extra something, you just have to try it!
- 450 gram potatoes
- 60 gram unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 gram Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp pepper
- 180-200 ml warm milk
- At my favorite US restaurant The Cheesecake Factory, they make amazing mashed potatoes cooked with the skins on. I use peeled potatoes here, but if you’re cooking yours with the skins on, just make sure you wash them well in cold water before slicing.
- Slice the potatoes and put them into a saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes on a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, grate the Parmesan and bring out the remaining ingredients.
- Melt the butter, then stir in the crushed garlic cloves. Add the grated Parmesan, salt and pepper, and stir to make a paste.
- Drain the potatoes and mash.
- Add the garlic- and Parmesan mixture and the warm milk, and mix well with the masher. Season to taste.
- This is soo good! If you really love garlic you can of course use more, or try adding 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (mixed with 1/2 teaspoon warm water).
- Serve the garlic and parmesan mashed potatoes as is, or with sausages or meatballs, and a green salad on the side.
I hope you’ll try it!
With love from Manuela.