Good morning everyone.
I love a delicious baguette for breakfast, especially with Nutella.
Even if it’s very easy to make, a homemade baguette feels very special and luxurious.
Is there anything more luxurious for a weekend breakfast than a homemade baguette? So good, and so easy to make. The only thing you need is some patience; the dough needs its time to rise.
- 500 gram all-purpose flour
- 25 gram potato starch
- 35 gram powdered milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp regular sugar
- 2 tsp dry active yeast
- 35 gram olive oil
- 300 ml tepid water
- 1 egg (or water)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Put the flour, potato starch, powdered milk, salt, sugar and yeast into a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and tepid water and knead for about 5-10 minutes.
- Put the dough into a bowl and cover with a clean dish towel. Place in a draft free place and leave to rise for about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- Grease your work surface with some oil and tip out the dough. Cut dough in half.
- Roll both pieces into a baguette shape. I use a baguette tray here, grease with non-stick baking spray and arrange the two baguettes on the tray. Cover with a clean dish towel and leave to prove for at least one hour or until doubled in size.
- Brush both baguettes with egg (lightly whisked) or water and sprinkle with some sesame seeds, if you like. Bake in a 190 C/375 F oven for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When the baguettes are ready baked, just open the oven door, leaving the baguettes to cool in the oven. This will give them an amazing crust.
- If you can’t find powdered milk just use milk instead of water, but if you do remember that the milk must be tepid. Enjoy!Tip: I use a baking stone when I bake these, it’s not necessary of course, but it gives the baguettes an even better crust. Also, be patient when making baguettes, don’t rush the rising, and make sure your water is not too hot or it will kill the yeast.
- What could possibly be better for the weekend breakfast than a homemade baguette with Nutella?
Bon appétit everyone.
With Love from Manuela.