Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
Have you ever had freshly baked brioche, or tried making it yourself? Brioche is a typical French bread, perfect for those mornings when you want something a bit more luxurious for breakfast.
- 5 3/4 cups (725 grams) all-purpose flour (use 50/50 strong flour if you can find it)
- 3 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons (100 grams) regular sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) cold water
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup (310 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 egg, for the egg wash
- Put the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, water and 5 eggs into a mixing bowl. Use the dough hook attachment and knead on low for about 10 minutes.
- Add the butter, little by little.
- When all the butter is added, knead for another 10 minutes. The dough is ready when it starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
Divide the dough into two parts, wrap in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator. Chill overnight.
This photo shows what the dough looks like the next day:
To make Brioche Robes, watch the video below. use cold dough after it has proofed over night in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 350 F° / 180 C°
I Brush each Brioche robe ightly with heavy cream and bake for 15- 20minutes, or until golden brown.
While the brioche buns are still warm, brush them with butter and generously dust with different sugar of choice.
- sugar + lemon zest
- sugar + raw licorice powder
- sugar + cinnamon
- Freshly baked brioche – is there anything better on a Sunday morning?
- This brioche keeps well for at least 3 days (room temperature) if well wrapped in plastic wrap.
I wish you all a wonderful Sunday, Hugs from me to you. Manuela xo
Can I add raisians?
Hi Roro, you can indeed add raisins here if you like. 🙂
Jag älskar alla dina recept och att bara läsa dom och titta på alla bilder är så tillfredsställande. Nu undrar jag var jag kan se videon på dom här härliga brioche robs?
What temperature do you bake the buns at? Thank you!
Hi! This recipe looks great. I was wondering if I cacan use the same if making by hand or do I need to change it slightly? Thanks!
for this recipe you need a mixer
Hello! How many Brioche Robes does this recipe yield? Thank you!
Do you usually have to add more flour when kneading? Because I fell like the dough is to sticky to work with. Also a lot more stickier than in your video above. The same happened with sweet dinner rolls.
It is important when you knead the dough that you have the mixer on the lowest setting. If it is to sticky your dough might have been to warm that happens often if you knead on high speed.