Good morning everyone, I hope you are all well.
The weather is just lovely these days, we are lucky to have the perfect late summer weather where I live.
The perfect weather to enjoy some ice cream or a delicious milkshake.
Yesterday I made two amazing milkshakes, and I’ll share the recipes with you today: Raspberry milkshake and Banana and vanilla milkshake.
Here they are:
First, make vanilla ice cream.
Vanilla ice cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (put it in the freezer 15 mins before opening)
- 2 1/4 cups (500 ml) heavy cream (put it in the freezer 15 mins before opening)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
When I make this ice cream I always put the mixing bowl and the whisk in the freezer with the cream and the condensed milk. I do this about 15-20 minutes before I start the recipe; if everything is freezing cold when you start whisking the result will be so much better and fluffier.
Pour the condensed milk into the cold mixing bowl.
Did you know that this machine came out #1 in a consumer report in 2013?
Mix the condensed milk until fluffy.
Add the cold cream and mix until fluffy.
Add the vanilla bean paste, you can get it here.
If your cream is super cold this won’t take long.
Cover and freeze for about 4-5 hours.
See how fluffy and luscious it is already?
Ok, I’m starting with the banana milkshake, one of my absolute favorites.
- 3 large scoops vanilla ice cream (see recipe above)
- 1 1/4 cup (300 ml) whole or semi skimmed/reduced fat milk
- 1 banana
- ice cubes (optional)
- whipped cream to decorate (optional)
Put the milk, ice cream and banana in the blender and whizz until everything is smooth and well blended.
Pour into glasses, top with some whipped cream and sprinkles if you like, and serve straight away.
You can find these pretty “Hooray” flags here.
Ok, the next milk shake is my raspberry milkshake; the flavor is just amazing.
If you dont’ want to make homemade ice cream, just use the ice cream you have on hand.
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 100 ml (just under 1/2 cup) raspberry punch (you can find it here)
- 200 ml (just under 1 cup) whole or semi skimmed/reduced fat milk
- whipped cream, to decorate (optional)
- sprinkles, to decorate (optional)
Put the ice cream, raspberry punch and milk into a blender and whizz until everything is smooth and well blended.
Pour into glasses, top with whipped cream and sprinkles if you like, and serve straight away.
Which is your favorite milkshake?
I love these cute cupcake sticks, you can get them here.
Go here to find everything you will need for the party, or if you just love shops with that little extra something.
I hope you will all have a lovely Sunday.
Hugs from me to you.