Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
It’s time to make some delicious cookies: Southern pecan chocolate chip cookies.
They are my favorites, and my children’s favorites, too. These cookies have a “southern twist”: the addition of pecans, which is a typical ingredient in Southern baking.
Here is the recipe.
Southern pecan chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup (230 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (170 g) regular sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) soft light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup (300 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 1/2 oz. (300 g) chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 oz. (75 g) chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 347 °F (175 °C). I always use the fan setting when I make cookies, it makes them a bit more “puffed up”.
- Put the butter, sugar and light brown sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Put the flour, baking soda and salt into a separate bowl and mix well, then add to the mixture and beat until everything is well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Using an ice cream scoop, arrange mounds of dough onto lined baking trays. Make sure you place them well spaced apart to allow for spreading during baking.
- I like to put some extra chocolate chips on top before baking.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 9-11 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before eating.
Oh là là, I hope you are tempted…
These cookies are just out of this world! Just remember to use soft light brown sugar, it makes these cookies lovely and golden.
Have a great day!
Hugs from me to you.
11mins wasn’t enough for baking, maybe just because variation of oven.
It is qyite possible
Why My cookies do not be flat??
maybe you added to much flour!