Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.
It’s time to make some delicious cookies: Southern pecan chocolate chip cookies.
They are my favorites, and my children’s favorites, too. These cookies have a “southern twist”: the addition of pecans, which is a typical ingredient in Southern baking.
Here is the recipe.
Southern pecan chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup (230 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (170 g) regular sugar
- 3/4 cup (150 g) soft light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup (300 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 10 1/2 oz. (300 g) chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 oz. (75 g) chopped pecans
Preheat the oven to 347 °F (175 °C). I always use the fan setting when I make cookies, it makes them a bit more “puffed up”.
- Put the butter, sugar and light brown sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Put the flour, baking soda and salt into a separate bowl and mix well, then add to the mixture and beat until everything is well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Using an ice cream scoop, arrange mounds of dough onto lined baking trays. Make sure you place them well spaced apart to allow for spreading during baking.
- I like to put some extra chocolate chips on top before baking.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 9-11 minutes.
- Leave to cool on the tray for 10 minutes before eating.
Oh là là, I hope you are tempted…
These cookies are just out of this world! Just remember to use soft light brown sugar, it makes these cookies lovely and golden.
Have a great day!
Hugs from me to you.