Hello everyone, I hope you’ve all have a good weekend so far.
Weekends are perfect for baking, so why not make these soft, delicious chocolate cupcakes with an amazing chocolate cream cheese frosting?
Easy to make, and oh-so good.
Chocolate cupcakes & luscious chocolate cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup (115 g) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup (280 g) regular sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (160 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (60 g) Valrhona cocoa powder or other good quality cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C) and line two cupcake trays with paper cases.
- Put the butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract with the last egg.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt at least 2 times. Tip into the mixing bowl with the milk and beat until everything is well blended. Don’t overmix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to get equally sized cupcakes, one scoop per paper case.
- Bake the first tray of cupcakes on the middle shelf in the oven for about 18 minutes. Leave to cool while the second tray is in the oven.
Leave to cool completely.
Luscious chocolate cream cheese frosting
- 3 1/2 cups (440 g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (125 g) 100 % cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (170 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 2 ts pure vanilla extract
- 7 oz. (200 g) cream cheese
- Put all the ingredients apart from the cream cheese into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and beat for another 2 minutes.
- I use a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 1A tip to decorate these cupcakes. Start at the edge of the cupcake and swirl the tip all the way around, move tip toward the centre, then lift tip up and away to create a peak at top.
I like to decorate with a pretty flower on top, these are easy to make from marzipan or fondant.
I use a flower cutter for this.
I hope you are inspired to start baking!
I wish you all a great day, hugs from me to you.