Today I am going to share the recipe for delicious Christmas biscotti, they are so good it’s like magic…
These biscotti contain pistachios, hazelnuts, almonds and dried cherries. They look pretty and make a great hostess gift this time of year.
BISCOTTI WITH FRUIT AND NUT (Yields: 40)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup (300 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- 5 2/3 cups (700 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 9 oz. (250 g) nuts, such pistachios, almonds or hazelnuts
- 7 oz. (200 g) dried cherries or cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and spray a baking tray with non-stick baking spray.
- Place the eggs and sugar into a mixing bowl and whisk on high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Replace the whisk with a beater blade.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the mixture, mixing for about 3-4 minutes before adding the vanilla extract or paste.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder then add one-third to the mixture. Mix until just blended. Add another third and mix again until just blended.
- Tip out the last third of the flour mixture onto your work surface and place the dough on top. Work in the remaining flour by hand until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Sprinkle the nuts and dried fruit onto the dough and fold up to create a log shape.
- Cut in half and shape each part into an 18-inch (45 cm) log. Transfer both to the greased baking tray. Flatten slightly with a rolling pin.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Remove the tray from the oven and slide onto a chopping board. Reduce the oven to 275°F (135°C).
- Using a sharp serrated knife cut the logs into ½-inch (1 cm) thick slices.
- Arrange the biscotti on the baking tray, standing up but with some space in between. Return to the oven for another 30-60 minutes (or longer if you like them extra crisp) and then cool on a wire rack.
- Let cool.
- The biscotti will keep in an airtight container for 3 weeks.
- These are perfect with a nice cup of coffee.
Have a great weekend you all
Love Manuela xo