Delicious Pistachio cake with ganache and pomegranate, I, unfortunately, do not have step by step pictures for this cake, As I can’t find the pictures in my hard drive!
This cake is super easy to make, and very delicious.
Pistachio cake with ganache and pomegranate
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 CUPS (230 g) VERY FINELY GROUND PISTACHIOS
- 1⁄2 CUP (75 g) RICE FLOUR
- 1 CUP (230 g) UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 1⁄4 CUP (250 g) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 5 LARGE EGGS
- 2 tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
FOR THE GANACHE TOPPING:
- 1 CUP + 1 tbsp (250 ml) HEAVY CREAM
- 2 tbsp. (50 g) RUNNY HONEY
- 7 oz. (200 g) DARK CHOCOLATE (66% COCOA SOLIDS), CHOPPED
- 1⁄3 CUP (75 g) UNSALTED BUTTER, DICED
- POMEGRANATE SEEDS
- PISTACHIOS, CHOPPED
DIRECTION FOR THE GANACHE
- Begin by making the ganache topping, you can do this the day before you need the cake.
- Put the cream and honey into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the chopped dark chocolate and diced butter in 2-3 additions, stirring well after each addition.
- Leave to cool.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for a few hours or overnight at room temperature.
DIRECTION FOR THE CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 340°F (170°C) and line the base of around 8-inch (20 cm) baking pan.
- Brush the sides with melted butter.
- Sift together the ground pistachios and rice flour. Set aside.
- Place the butter into a mixing bowl and beat until very creamy, about 4 minutes.
- Add the sugar and beat for another 5 minutes.
- Add 2 eggs and beat for 30 seconds, scrape the inside of the bowl with a rubber spatula and add the remaining 3 eggs and the vanilla extract.
- Beat for another 30 seconds.
- Fold in the flour mixture in two additions.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, smooth the surface and bake on the middle rack for about 40-50 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Spread the chocolate ganache on top of the cake and decorate with pomegranate seeds and chopped pistachios.
Have a beautiful day you all. Love Manuela xo