Hi everyone ♥
We are getting closer to spring, and maybe you are already thinking about traveling somewhere this spring / summer. Have you ever had the chance to go to Paris?Maybe Paris will be the next destination for this summer…
Paris is such a magical city. The atmosphere in Paris is simply magical, no wonder it’s said to be the most romantic city in the world. Not to mention the delicious pastries, and all the cute cafes and shops.
The first thing I often do when I’m traveling, is to go to a pastry shop. Ladurée is one of them, and I highly recommend their lemon pie… Oh my gosh.
Today I want to share the recipe for cream puffs The name alone makes it sound so exquisite…
creme puffs are super easy to make, and they is so incredibly delicious, especially if you fill them with the most delicious pastry cream and dust with icing sugar. Heavenly.
- ½ CUP + 1 TABLESPOON (120 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- ½ TEASPOON SALT
- 1 TABLESPOON SUPERFINE OR GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1 CUP (240 ML) WATER
- ⅝ CUP (70 G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 5-6 EGGS, ROOM TEMPERATURE FILLING
- 1 RECIPE OF VANILLA CREAM CLICK HERE FOR RECIPE
- 1 CUP HEAVY CREAM, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 3 TABLESPOONS CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR
- CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F (180⁰C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, salt sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil and quickly stir in the flour with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to stir until it dough forms and a film occurs on the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the dough to bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and beat for 5 minutes or until it stops steaming. This is important because it cooks the flour and dries out the dough, so that the eggs will absorb into the dough, and in return give you beautiful puffed up cream puffs.
- If you don’t own a stand mixer, just follow the instructions on my step by step pictures below, using a large bowl and a wooden spoon.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously with wooden spoon to thoroughly mix the egg after each addition. It may be that 5 eggs will be enough.
- To be sure, first check that the dough falls over the spatula in a V shape.
- Transfer the dough to a large pastry bag fitted with a 5/8-inch plain, round tip. Pipe1½-inch rounds onto prepared pan.
- Gently smooth the pointed peaks with a moistened finger, rounding tops to ensure even rising.
- Bake until puffs rise and are golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Turn oven off and let puffs sit in the oven for 15 minutes; this will allow the cream puffs to dry.
- Place baking sheets on wire racks to cool completely.
- Puffs can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Prepare Vanilla Cream recipe that you can find here.
- In bowl of standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment, mix heavy cream with confectioners’ sugar on medium to high speed, until stiff peaks forms; add Vanilla Cream and mix just to combine.
- Transfer filling into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/8-inch plain, round tip.
- To fill with cream, insert the tip into the bottom of the puff and squeeze the desired amount.
- Place puffs in the refrigerator for 2 hours so that the cream becomes stiffer; it also makes the cream puffs more enjoyable to eat.
- Just before serving, dust the cream puffs with confectioners’ sugar and enjoy!
You can find the recipe for vanilla cream here.
Fold in some whipped cream, if you like.
Dust with powdered sugar, and serve!
And maybe you’ll start dreaming about going to Paris?
Have a great day you all.
Love Manuela xo
Ummm delicious! I wish one of them with a cup of tea.
Also, I really would like to win the water kettle.
My name is Veronica Chavez
Love from Venezuela♥♥
Love your blog! Maria O. Vårlid
Looks really good. Will give it a try soon and let you know how I get along. Would be nice to win the kettle too:-))
Would love to win a kettle!
LE CHOUX À LA CRÈME is my favourite pastry.
Vad använder Manuela för vaniljpasta i sigt program Manuela bakar? Vill beställa hem en massa flaskor, haha! Hon använder olika har jag sett men finns det någon sajt som är svensk jag kan beställa ifrån?
These look too beautiful to eat – but they are probably SUPER delicious. I love French pastries!
Hugs from Poland 🙂 Justyna Szwedo
Name: Kelina Huynh
I love this recipe!
hello! I love your blog so much! thank you for the amazing work you do!
one question though… I didn’t understand how did you fill the puffs with the vanilla cream? you said insert from the bottom?? wouldn’t it come out again??? please explain in details… #__#
Hei Hanna, let me make a video of it, so you can see it on film, it is more easy to understand!
Hi from Australia 🙂
spotted your blog by accident – oh so glad that I did! love your blog, your cakes are beautiful and looks so yumm. I’ve searched the video for your cream puffs but could’t find it. Can you please help? i love cream puffs but failed too many and gave up.
Thanks, Tenny I don’t have a video for the cream puffs!