One of my favorite frostings on cupcakes or cakes, it is light and airy, and whip up like a dream.
Need a converter use this →one
- 700 ml heavy cream
- 150 gram sugar
- 1/4 dl water
- 85 gram unsalted butter
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste ( optional)
- Add half of the heavy cream in a small saucepan and warm it over low heat, and site aside for now.
- Put the sugar, water, and salt into a medium saucepan and combine so that all the sugar is wet.
- Set it over medium heat and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- If needed brush the sides of the pan with a clean pastry brush dipped in cold water.
- Continue cooking ( you don’t need to stir) until the sugar turns into a deep mahogany brown.
- Reduce the heat to low, and very carefully add the warm cream- it will bubble up.
- Stir until well combined, add the diced butter, a little at the time stirring between additions, and add the vanilla bean paste.
- Turn off the stove, and pour in the rest of the heavy cream, quickly combine with a spatula or whisk.
- Let stand until room temperature and then refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, whip up the cold caramel cream in a mixer until soft or stiff peaks forms.
- You can use this frosting on your cakes, cupcakes or add it in your coffee, on ice-creams or any desserts you like.
- If this frosting is overmixed, simply add a few spoons of cold heavy cream and combine with a spatula.
- This frosting is perfect for both cakes and cupcakes, or any dessert you love.
Step by step pictures;↓