This Chocolate Cake is my favorite Chocolate Cake recipe when I feel like baking a chocolate cake.
It is super moist and rich, it is one of my all-time favorite chocolate layers cake.
Try it the next time you feel like baking a chocolate cake, I´m sure you will love it.
And btw. don’t be afraid of using mayonnaise in this cake, it makes the cake super moist and you won’t taste it.
Moist Chocolate Cake
Need a converter? use this →one
Recipe for one 8 inches →20 cm springform ) or ( 2 x → 20 cm round baking pans )
- 200 gram all- purpose flour
- 60 gram Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 large eggs
- 235 gram sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla-paste
- 170 gram Mayonnaise
- 200 gram strong espresso or brewed coffee
Recipe for one 9-inch →24-26 cm springform ) or ( 3x → 8-inch (20 cm) round baking pans )
- 300 gram all- purpose flour
- 90 gram Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 large eggs
- 350 gram sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla-paste
- 250 gram Mayonnaise
- 300 gram strong espresso or brewed coffee
- Preheat the oven to 325°F → 165 °C.
- Butter, or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray, one 8 inches → 20 cm springform or two – 8 inch →20 cm round cake pans.
- Line the bottoms of the pan(s) with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder into a medium bowl, Add the salt and whisk together.
- Place the eggs, sugar, and vanilla paste in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and mix on medium-low speed for about 5 minutes until the mixture is thick and pale yellow.
- Scrape down the sides of the bottom of the bowl, and mix on high speed for about 5 minutes more.
- Add the mayonnaise and whip to combine.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and coffee/ water in two additions.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s). Bake the cake in one springform for 35-55 minutes, if you bake these cakes in two – 8 inches →20 cm round cake check after 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean and the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Remove from oven, set on a cooling rack and cool completely.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES;