Good morning everyone. Looking for a great smoothie? Then maybe this banana date & peanut butter smoothie is something for you. It is perfect for breakfast. If you love a good smoothie, this one will sure be a winner.
Banana date & peanut butter smoothie (serves: 2)
- 2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup havregryn
- 2 bananas (I prefer frozen bananas)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2-3 pieces of juicy dates
- 3-4 ice cubes
- You could also add a scoop of protein powder to the smoothie to give it a boost
Let’s talk first about these juicy dates.
Dates are one of the most popular fruits packed with an impressive list of essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. They are required for a normal growth development and overall well-being. The fruit is rich in dietary fiber when eaten. They replenish energy and revitalize the body instantly. So it’s perfect to use in a smoothie. I bought these juicy dates at the local supermarket where I live. I’m sure every supermarket sell dates.
In this smoothie I also juice peanut butter. Just a handful of peanuts per day they say provides enough recommended levels of phenolic anti-oxidants, minerals, vitamins, and protein. So I use one tablespoon of peanut butter.
If you don’t like peanut butter, just omit it. By the way, you can divide this smoothie in halv.
- Just add all the ingredients in the blender and blend for about 30-40 seconds.
- And serve.
- Serves 2 big glasses.
- Some ice-cubs in these before serving makes these even more refreshing.
- Hope you got tempted to make this, have a lovely day you all. Love Manuela