Hi everyone, I love ice-cream and probably you too, I mean who doesn’t love a delicious dark chocolate ice-cream, A few months ago when I was in Chicago, my friend Tracy said Manuela did you know that you can make faux ice-cream with frozen banana.She mentioned that she had been freezing bananas and pureeing them into ice cream. It’s a lot more healthy ice-cream and super fast to make. This ice cream is so creamy and you can make it with just one ingredient and no ice cream maker needed. You can add some flavours, so you get this dark chocolate ice-cream with a hint of peanut butter, an yes it is as delicious as it looks like.
Healthy Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 ts vanilla paste ( optional)
- 3 tablespoon of dark Cocoa Powder 100%
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- Freeze 2 sliced bananas until solid, Use ripe bananas: They should be sweet and soft.
- Freeze the banana pieces for at least 2 hours: but ideally overnight..
- then mix it in a blender or food processor.
- I like to add vanilla paste, it just gives more flavour.
- Keep blending — the banana will look crumbly: At first the banana pieces will look crumbled or smashed. Scrape down the food processor sometimes.
- it gets creamy and a little gooey, just like custard ice cream, but it takes a while
first it will look like :
- creamy, soft-serve ice cream texture
- This taste just so creamy delicious, and to think that this is made from just banana and some vanilla paste.
- I love Chocolate so I added 3 tablespoon dark cocoa powder ( I use Valrhona Cocoa Powder 100%) and I added 1 tablespoon peanut butter, If you don’t like it just leave it out.
- Transfer it to an airtight container and freeze it until solid, like traditional ice cream.
- I served this ice-cream to my friend i did not tell her it was made of banana, she loved it and was quite surprised that it was made from banana.
So yummy, hope you got temped to try it, I’m sure you will love it, and try some other flavours of your choice, until next time.