This banana loaf was my favorite from the Primrose Bakery It was so moist and delicious;
I just had to ask for the recipe, Luckily I got to share it with you, so we all can enjoy this
teatime treats from the famous London bakery.
PRIMROSE BAKERY WHOLEMEAL BANANA LOAF ( MAKES 1 X 2LB LOAF)
- 3 RIPE BANANAS
- 185 GRAM UNSALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED
- 185 GRAMS LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 3 LARGE EGGS
- 1 1/2 TEASPOON VANILLA
- 185 GRAMS SELF-RAISING FLOUR
- 75 GRAM WHOLEMEAL FLOUR
- 1 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- Place the bananas in a food processor and blend until completely liquidized.
- Add the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Blend until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed, ensuring you scrape down the sides of the processor.
- Place batter in a lined loaf tin.
- Bake at 320°F (160°C) fan, for 45 minutes – 1 hour until a skewer comes out clean.
*If you can’t get self-raising flour, just add 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder to each cup (125g) of all-purpose (plain) flour.
Enjoy, love Manuela xo