Hi you all, Today I will share this beautiful/delicious Vanilla Jelly Roll Cake, and you can fill this cake with whatever you like best. This Jelly Roll Cake turns out perfect every time.
Vanilla Jelly Roll ( 22 x 32 cm)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla-paste
- 1 cup ( 150 g ) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 320.F° 160.C°
- Grease a sheet pan ( 22 x 32 cm) with cooking spray and then cover with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar on high for 8 minutes until tripled doubled, and light in color.
- Add the oil, buttermilk, and vanilla-paste in all in at once, and mix 30 seconds more.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and carefully blend together, until combined.
- Pour the batter into a sheet pan and bake it for around 12 minutes, touch it and if it springs back it is done, if not bake it, for about 3 minutes more.
- In the mean-time, Lay a tea towel on a flat work surface and sprinkle it with sugar. so that the cake doesn´t stick. You can also use a parchment paper for this.
- When the cake is done, right away invert the cake onto the towel or parchment paper.
- Remove the parchment paper, let the cake cool off.
- Or while the cake is still warm roll cake in towel, starting at a short end. Let cool completely, seam side down.
- When the cake is completely cooled, unroll the cake.
- Choose a filling of your choice, and spread it evenly over the top.
- I love to fill this cake with this →vanilla frosting, get the recipe → here, and some fresh raspberries.
- Roll the cake without towel, starting at a short end.
- Dust it with some powdered sugar and enjoy.
Step by step pictures below.