Hi everyone, I love Belgian waffles, there is something special with these waffles, they just taste amazing, the sugar pearls in the waffles give a nice crunch, These waffles are made with yeast, so they need to raise 2 hours in the refrigerator, but it makes all the difference. Let’s make some Belgium waffles.
Belgian waffless (about 15- 24 depends on size )
- 5 ¼ cups (650 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (8 g) active dried yeast
- ½ cup (100 g) regular sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ⅔ cup (400 ml) milk
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp (250 ml) heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¾ cup + 1 Tbsp (180 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200 g) pearl or nibbed sugar
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and whisk until it’s smooth and lump free. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, poke a few holes with a fork or cake tester and leave it in the fridge to raise for 1-2 hours.
- Heat your waffle iron.
- I use one from KitchenAid, this is not a typical Belgian waffle iron, and quite big so i use one ice-cream scoop of dough, per waffle.
- Grease if needed, and cook thick, soft waffles according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Change up the dough by adding crushed oreo cookies, or fresh raspberries, just use your imagination.
These Belgian waffles are delicious as they are, but you can serve them with ice cream or whipped cream, fresh berries, and chocolate sauce ,
This one I topped with whipped cream, banana, salted caramel, and fresh fruit. Just so delish. Hope you got tempted, until next time.
The winner of the facebook give-away from Ankarsrum Original USA is Breana Tuck gongrats, send me an email to get your price.