This is by far one of my favorite cake, it is so light and taste just heavenly, I hope it will be your favorite to.
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup (200 g) powdered sugar
- 9 oz. (250 g) almonds
- pastry cream
- 9 oz. (260 g) fresh raspberries
- 1 packet raspberry jelly powder
Preheat the oven to 320 °F (160 °C). Line the base of a 9 or 10-inch (24-26 cm) spring form pan with baking parchment and spray the sides with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.Put the egg whites into a mixing bowl with the lemon juice and whisk until frothy. Add the vanilla extract and the powdered sugar and continue whisking until the mixture is firm and glossy.Put the almonds into a food processor and pulse until finely ground.Fold the ground almonds into the meringue, pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- and bake on the middle shelf for 30 minutes. Leave to cool completely.
- Make the pastry cream, that you can find here
- -If you are a big fan of vanilla custard, double the quantities to make a thicker layer.
- When you are ready to use the pastry cream, pour into a bowl and stir until creamy and fluffy.Make the jelly by using half the amount of water stated on the packet. Cool until the jelly almost starts to set. Spread the pastry cream over the almond base in its pan.Scatter over the raspberries and pour over the cooled jelly. Put the cake in the refrigerator until the jelly is completely set.
- Transfer to a cake stand or plate, and serve.