If you love fudge brownies, you are going to love this fudge chocolate frosting.
This frosting is made in minutes, it just needs to cool down a bit, I use it mostly on my chocolate sheet cakes, or between macarons or pipe it onto my cupcakes. It´s so smooth and fudgy and delicious. If you want this fudge feeling place the chocolate sheet cake in the fridge, so the frosting becomes fudgier, it is so good.
You can make this frosting, with dark or milk chocolate or a mix in-between.
Chocolate Fudge frosting;
- 1 cup(110 gram)powdered sugar ( see my note below ↓)
- 9 tbsp. (125 gram ) butter cut into 1- inch pieces
- 250 gram dark chocolate or milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. real vanilla or 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste, optional
- 2 tbsp. espresso coffee, strong in flavor, optional
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (200 ml) heavy cream
- In a medium-size saucepan, add powdered sugar, heavy cream, butter, chocolate, salt, vanilla, and coffee.
- Warm it over medium heat, stir at all times, until the chocolate/butter is melted and there are no lumps, around 10 minutes.
- Let it cool in the saucepan, once cool place the saucepan in the fridge for one hour, or transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- Make sure at times to check the frosting if it is firm, I stir the mixture with a spatula ( every 20 minutes )to prevent lumps.
- Once the frosting is firm, spread it on top of your cake, or use it as a filling or pipe it onto your cupcakes.
- Enjoy, it is so delicious.
- If you are using milk chocolate, I would recommend to cut down on the powdered sugar by half, as milk chocolate is a bit sweeter than dark chocolate, if you are a sweet tooth than nevermind!
Have a beautiful day you all. Love Manuela xo
Step by step instructions;