Good morning beautiful, This lemon pound cake is perfect when you have unexpected guests
– it is quick and easy to make.This cake is so moist and super delicious and perfect for hot summer days.
lemon pound cake
- ¾ cup (70 g) cake flour*
- ⅔ cup (80 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp (225 g) superfine sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- Finely grated zest from 2 large lemons
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup (225 g) butter, melted and cooled
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- ¼ cup (50 g) regular sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup (125 g) powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Cake. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a loaf pan with bake easy spray and line it with baking parchment and set aside.Sift both of the flours, the baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl for at least tree times
- NOTE: If you can’t get cake flour you can easily make it yourself: Mix 2 tablespoon corn starch with 150 grams all-purpose flour, and sift the mixture at least 5 times. The cake flour is now ready to use.
- Put the superfine sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and fresh lemon juice into a large bowl and whisk slightly with a whisk until everything is well blended about 30 seconds. Gradually add the melted cooled butter while whisking about 30 seconds. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix for a few more seconds. Add the dry ingrediens in two additions, mixing well between each addition with a spatula. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, level the surface, and bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Turn the oven down to 340°F (170°C) and turn the cake around to ensure even cooking. Bake for another 30 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon syrup. Place the sugar and lemon juice into a small saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. While the cake is still warm from the oven, use a skewer or cake tester to puncture the cake all over. Spoon the syrup evenly over the cake. Let cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Lemon glaze. Place the powdered sugar and lemon juice into a small bowl and stir until the glaze is smooth and lump free. Spread the glaze over the cooled cake. The cake will keep well for up to 3 days if stored in an airtight container
Enjoy, have a great weekend you all, Love Manuela xo
Amazing recipe!! Is it a 9×5 inches loaf pan? Thank u
Finnes denne oppskriften på norsk?
Jag är sååå tacksam att du anger mått i gram.
Kakan ser så smarrig ut. Jag tror jag bakar nu till helgen på jobbet..jobbar på ett äldreboende.
Kram och tack för alla goda recept( saknar dig i TV – rutan ???? )