Hi you all.
I´m personly not a fan of milk chocolate, but making the frosting the way I do in this recipe, it almost tastes more like a delicious caramel frosting and it is so good.
This frosting is perfect to top your chocolate sheet cakes or as a filling inside your cake or cupcakes.
Milk chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 1/4 cup (25 gram) powdered sugar, optional
- 9 tbsp. (125 gram) butter cut into 1- inch pieces
- 1 1/8 cup ( 200 gram) milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp. espresso coffee, strong in flavor, optional
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (150 ml) heavy cream
- In a medium-size saucepan, add powdered sugar, heavy cream, butter, chocolate, salt, and coffee.
- Warm it over medium heat, stir at all times, until the chocolate/butter is melted and there are no lumps, around 10 minutes.
- Let it cool in the saucepan, once cool place the saucepan in the fridge from 30 minutes up to a 1 hour, all depending on how cold your fridge is.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl, before you place it in the fridge.
- Make sure at times to check the frosting if it is firm, I stir the mixture with a spatula ( every 20 minutes )to prevent lumps.
- Once the frosting is firm, spread it on top of your cake, or use it as a filling in your macarons.
- Enjoy, it is so delicious.
Have a beautiful day you all, Love Manuela xo
Step by step pictures;