Good morning beautiful, Let’s start the day with these super delicious chocolate cupcakes,
topped with a silky ganache, just heavenly. If you are a fan of chocolate you will love these.
- 1 2/3 cup (200 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (60 g) good-quality cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup (250 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (170 g) mayonnaise (not light)
- ¾ cup + 1 tbsp (200 ml) tepid water
Preheat the oven to 330°F (165°C). Line one or two cupcake trays with 16 paper cases.
Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Put the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Scrape the inside of the bowl with a rubber spatula and beat for another 5 minutes, now on high speed.
- Scrape the inside of the bowl again add the mayonnaise and beat until blended into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour mixture in two additions, alternating with the water or coffee.
- Mix for a maximum of 30 seconds.
- Or fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool..
- Make the silky ganache some hours before, and Transfer it to a piping bag fitted with a big open star tip. Pipe 3 swirls on top of each cooled cupcake, And enjoy.
I wish you all the loveliest day, Love Manuela xo