I love Brownies and my all time favorite cheesecake is, lemon cheesecake and one of the best cream I know of is meringues cream.
So today, I’m sharing all these favorites in one single cake.
CONTEST ON INSTAGRAM!
In cooperation with @icahemma you now have the chance to win a full bake kit from Rosti Mepal (value 699 :-).
5 baking kits raffled and 5 winners get to choose what color they want.
– Go to the contest here
– Follow @icahemma
– Explain briefly why you should win
The contest runs until Sunday, 5/22, at. 11:59 p.m..
The winners’ names are presented here and on Instagrarm in the same post during week 21.
Complete contest rules:
The competition is organized by Manuela Kjeilen and ICA Sverige AB between 19/5 and 22/5, 23.59, 2016. A jury consisting of Manuela Kjeilen and personnel from ICA Sverige AB appoints winners. Participants are judged on the basis of creativity and ingenuity. The jury’s decision can not be appealed. You must be at least 18 years old to compete. No staff from ICA Sverige AB can participate in the competition. Any tax is paid by the winner. The winner will be contacted via a comment on the post on Instagram during week 21, 2016.
Good luck everyone.
Brownies & Lemon Cheesecake
- 150 g sugger
- Fine grated rind of 2 lemons
- 1 ¼ dl lemon juice (ca. 3–5 citrones)
- 3 big eggs
- 2 gelatine leaves
- 300 gram cream cheese
I’ve put together a video about how to make this cake, you can watch it at the bottom of this page.
- Let the brownies completely cooled. possibly set it cold for a few hours.
- Pour the mixture into a form that is at least 25 x 30 cm which is covered with baking paper. Bake at 175 ° C for 25 minutes, no longer. Cool cake completely.
- In meanwhile make the lemon cream, See video at the bottom of this page!
- Combine sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and egg in a pan and heat it over low heat, stirring constantly. Add gelatin leaves in cold water for a few minutes to soften them. When the batter begins to thicken, squeeze water out of the gelatine leaves and have them up in the boiler. Stir well so the gelatin is completely dissolved. Pour the mixture into a blender. Let lemon mixture to cool for 5 minutes (or until the mixture is 60 ° C) before adding cream cheese. Then run the blender for a few minutes so that the lemon mixture is completely smooth. Pour it over the cooled brownies bottom and set the cake cool, for a few hours or overnight.
- Just before serving make Vanilla Bean frosting that you find here and spread it over the lemon cheesecake.
- Go over the cream with a burner to get the characteristic “look.”
- Top it with some frozen raspberries if you prefer.
What is left is just to enjoy it with someone you care about. For me, this is the ultimate dream cheesecake combo of chocolate, lemon and vanilla bean frosting and it is just magical.
See video on how this cake is made.