This lemon cream is so silky and delicious, Perfekt as a filling in cakes, or to enjoy for a luxury breakfast together with Brioche.
It´so simple to make in less than 15 minutes.
CREAMY LEMON CREAM
- 2 tablespoon (20 gram) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) water
- 1 cup (110 gram)confectionary sugar
- 4 large eggs, preferably organic
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, confectionery sugar, and corn-starch, set aside for now.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until just about warm to touch.
- Pour the warm lemon juice mixture to the eggs in a small steady stream while whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Continue to cook and whisk for 3 minutes more to make sure the starch is completely cooked out
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the heavy cream, with a wooden spoon stir until combined and smooth.
- Pass it through a mesh strainer into a two small glass jar
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Quick question, am I missing whet the heavy cream comes in? Is it part of the milk mixture? Thank you!
Hi Maria; did you see the step by step pictures? Scroll all the way down! The heavy cream you add the end when the lemon custard thickens and before you add it to a sift! Hope this helps! It is delicious