This lemon cream is so silky and delicious, Perfekt as a filling in cakes, or to enjoy for a luxury breakfast together with Brioche.
It´so simple to make in less than 15 minutes.
CREAMY LEMON CREAM
- 2 tablespoon (20 gram) cornstarch
- 3/4 cup (200 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) water
- 1 cup (110 gram)confectionary sugar
- 4 large eggs, preferably organic
- 2/3 cup (165 ml) heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, confectionery sugar, and corn-starch, set aside for now.
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice, and water in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until just about warm to touch.
- Pour the warm lemon juice mixture to the eggs in a small steady stream while whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Continue to cook and whisk for 3 minutes more to make sure the starch is completely cooked out
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the heavy cream, with a wooden spoon stir until combined and smooth.
- Pass it through a mesh strainer into a two small glass jar
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.