These chocolate cupcakes, are the moistest cupcakes you will ever taste.
They are easy to make and I love to top these with ganache rose.
Watch the video below, how to make these cupcakes, I think you are going to love these.
Chocolate Cupcakes ( 18 cupcakes)
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 60 g good-quality cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 170 g mayonnaise (not light)
- 200 ml tepid strong coffee
For the rose, you need a Wilton 1 M tip
- Preheat the oven to 330 °F (165 °C).
- Line one or two cupcake trays with 18 paper cases.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Put the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Scrape the inside of the bowl with a rubber spatula and beat for another 5 minutes, now on high speed.
- Scrape the inside of the bowl again add the mayonnaise and beat until blended into the mixture.
- Sift in the flour mixture in two additions, alternating with the water, and stir everything together until well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases, and bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- The recipe for the ganache you can find here
- How to make the rose watch the video above, If you like to make these meringues rose cookies too, you can find the recipe here,
Love Manuela xo
These look absolutely amazing! I have heard of mayonnaise in cakes before but I’ve never tried it, so i think now is the time. I can’t wait, i am a total chocoholic.
Hope you love it as much as I do,
Best, chocolate cakes ever. I tested many over the past weeks and these were by far, the most moist, flavoursome and consistently delicious. I was very sceptical about the mayonnaise but my doubts were quickly quashed once I did the taste test. Fantastic!!!!!!
yeah so happy you liked it, i know it seems so strange with mayones, but how delicious and moist these are when you use it! Thanks for the feedback, appriciate it so much
Hello is it ok not to use majones and coffee for this recipe?
What do You mean by “tepid strong coffee” ? Excited to make these with your ganache!
strong ecpresso coffee that is not to hot
Hai I would like to ask it is possible if I change the coffee with milk,because I would like to make for my small boy 🙂
Veg mayo wI’ll work ot not?
And what king of any u hv used. ?
I made these last night, shared them with 15 different people and they all loved them! Highly recommend these – the ganache is so delicious and smooth. Quick tip for anyone trying the recipe: taste test your mayonnaise to check how salty it is. (Mine was very salty- I shouldn’t have added the 1tsp of salt). Thanks Manuela for a great recipe!
Hey Manuela.. loved this recipe.. just a question, can i use store brought mayonnaise? or do you make it? if you do, please share the recipe because i do not know how to make mayo…
Could i use sour cream and not mayonnaise ty
Hi Lisa not in This recipe, the mayoness make This cake so yummy
I want to make the chocolate cupcakes but i want to replace the mayonaise for sunflower oil, how much sunflower oil do i have to use then instead of the mayonaise?
Your blog and youtube series are amazing by the way! And everything looks so delicious, so you have my compliments!
All you have to do l like your recipes very much, mayonnaise, sevmek Strange to me but as soon as l am relieved when l Read the Reviews l am doing thanks Greetings from Turkey İstanbul