Hi everyone, Hope all you are well, Have any of you been baking cheesecake this week?
Today i share the recipe for this amazing lemon cheesecake meringue, it is by far my most favorite cheesecake, of all times, one bite of this cheesecake and you just want more, It is something magical about lemon cheesecake, it reminds me of summer, it reminds me of old vintage cafe from the 60’s, and it is topped with white fluff and the almond bunn. What a heavenly combination.
Watch the video below, to see how this cake come together.
Lemon Meringue CheeseCake
- 250 gram ground almonds
- 4 egg whites
- 200 g powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
For the Lemon Cheesecake
- Zest from 2 lemons, preferably organic
- 1 cup, 250 ml lemon juice preferably organic
- 1 cup, 225 gram granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 6 Gelatin sheet soak in ice water 5 minute and drain
- 400 gram Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 90 ml water
- 225 g granulated sugar + 3 tbsp.
- 120 g light corn syrup or liquid glucose
- 4 large egg whites (150 g)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
Preheat the oven to 160˚C).
- Put the egg whites into a mixing bowl and beat for 1 minute, medium speed. Add the powdered sugar little by little.
- Whisk until the meringue on medium/high speed until it is nice and fluffy, add the vanilla paste and ground almonds and blend
- Pour into a round spring form, lined with parchment paper, and spray the side of the springform with some baking spray and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- Let it cool on a cooling rack,
I’m using Philadelphia Natural Cream Cheese in this cheesecake. Together with the lemon mixture, magic will happen!
- Wash lemons, zest and juice them. Meanwhile soak the gelatin sheet in ice water a few minute to melt and drain.
- In a saucepan, on medium high heat, bring to boil lemon juice, zest, sugar and eggs whisking constantly, the mixture will thicken up. Turn off the heat and whisk in the melted gelatin. Allow the lemon mixture to cool for about 8 minutes or until it reaches 60ºC
- Add the cooled lemon mixture in a mixing bowl, together with the cream cheese and mix until completely smooth.
- Pour it over the baked and cooled almond crust and refrigerate until completely set.
Make the White fluff,
- Put the water, 225 g sugar and light corn syrup or liquid glucose into a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and stir gently until the sugar has dissolved. Stop stirring and leave to simmer until the syrup has reached 242 °F (117 °C).
- In the meantime, put the egg whites into a clean mixing bowl and start whisking on medium speed. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, one spoonful at a time. When the syrup has reached the temperature stated above, remove from the heat and pour into the egg whites in a thin, steady stream. Add the vanilla paste and whisk for another 5-7 minutes.
- Spoon the meringue over the chilled lemon cheesecake.
- Right before serving torch the meringue to give its golden color,
- Add some frozen blackberries & raspberries on top for a nice presentation.
- Hope you got tempted.
- One bite of Lemon Meringue Cheesecake, is just heavenly.
- Happy baking you all, until next time, If you love the video, please share and don’t forget to checkout with the CHEESECAKE CHALLENGE. I hope to see your contribution soon. For more info about how to join the competition, click here.
Love Manuela xo