This is a moist almond cake that is perfect to fill with any filling you love,
This recipe gives 2 x 8-inch cake layers.
Moist Almond Cake
- 4 large eggs, at room temp
- 3/4 cup + 1/8 cup (200 gram) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup (200 gram)ground almonds
- 3/4 cup ( 85 gram) all-purpose flour
- ➡️( for gluten-free option use 1/2 cup (70 gram ) rice flour + 1 tablespoon cornstarch instead.
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons (100 ml) heavy cream, in room temp
Directions for the moist almond cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350F° (180C°), Grease the bottoms of two 8 x 2-inch round cake pans and line with parchment.
- In a medium bowl combine the all-purpose flour ground hazelnuts, baking powder, and vanilla sugar. ( ➡️for gluten-free combine rice flour, cornstarch, ground hazelnuts, baking powder, and vanilla sugar)
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs and sugar on medium, and continue beating for 8 minutes.
- The batter should be very thick. When the whisk is lifted, the batter should ribbon from it back into the batter in the bowl. ( see picture below)
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients, and with a spatula carefully combine.
- Add the other 1/2 of the dry ingredients and heavy cream, and with a spatula carefully combine.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans.
- Bake two pans in the center of the oven until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 15-20 minutes. ( mine took 15 minutes)
- Let the cake layers cool in the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes, Using a knife, loosen the sides of the cakes and carefully turn them out onto a wire rack.
- Peel off the paper and let cool completely.
Step by step pictures;