Hi everyone, hope all is well and you are enjoying your day.
Today I made these typical Norwegian almond cookies, but upgraded it a bit by top each cookie with delicious pastry cream, lemon curd, pure dark chocolate, and Dulce de leche…
I call these cookies for “Dream Cookies”. A while ago,I made these with Dulce de leche.
But yesterday I thought about these cookies, how they would taste if I would top these with
Lemon curd and some berries, or pastry cream and raspberries, or just add dark chocolate on top,
Well I made them all, and had guests today, who tasted these and they loved it.
Especially the one with lemon curd and blackberries, they were definitely my favorite too.
I promised on Instagram in My Story “that I would post the recipe, so her it is.
These cookies are just super delicious and best of all so simple to make,
Almond dream cookies ( 20 )
- 9 oz. (250 g) almonds
- 2 cups (250 g) powdered sugar
- 100 gram rice flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 2 egg whites
- Dulce de leche
- Lemon Curd
- pastry cream
- blackberries & raspberries
- dark chocolate
Preheat the oven to 320 °F (160 °C).
- Put the almonds into a food processor and run the motor until they are finely ground. Add the powdered sugar, rice flour, vanilla paste and egg whites. And run the motor again until the mixture comes together.
- dust your work surface with powdered sugar and knead the dough until nice and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls on parchment-lined baking sheet. Make a deep indentation in the center of each ball with your finger or bottom of a thick wooden spoon.
- Fill each cookie with delicious Dulce de leche about 1/4-1/2 teaspoon.
Bake for 15 minutes, Remove from oven, and place on a wire rack to cool.
These cookies are just heavenly with either Dulce de leche
Or delicious lemon curd, that I could highly recommend.
I hope you got temped to make these, Lett me know if you liked them, would love your feedback.
Baked with love, enjoy and hope to see you back her again soon
Love Manuela xo