Hi sweet Readers, Today I share the recipe for Soft Vanilla Cookies
These are typical Norwegian cookies that are mostly made at Christmas tim
Happy baking you all,
Soft vanilla cookies
- 1/3 cup (75 g) unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cup (280 g) granulated sugar
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 ¼ cup (300 ml) heavy cream
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ¼ cups (530 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ammonium bicarbonate* (bakers ammonia)
Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C) and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
Place the butter, sugar and vanilla seeds into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
Add the cream and vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
Sift together the flour and ammonium bicarbonate then add to the mixture in two or three
- Use a cookie stamp to give the cookies a personalised look, such as the “Make a wish” Message.