Christmas isn´t a season it´s a feeling – Edna Ferber
Hei sweet readers,
Today I share a recipe for delicious Classic Caramel Candies, The recipe is from the Swedish chef Leila Lindholm. they are easy to make. I dobbelt her original recipe becausce one portion was so little.
These caramels are kind of hard, but they are very delicious.
I posted a video below so you can see how I made it.
Classic Caramel Candy ( by Leila Lindholm )
- 14 tablespoon ( 200 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 7/8 cup ( 200 g) sugar
- 400 ml heavy cream
- 200 ml light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large saucepan over high heat melt the butter.
- Add, the sugar, light corn syrup, and heavy cream, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar is dissolves, Reduce the heat to medium high; cook, without stirring
for about 15 minutes or until it reach 235°F (113°C) or until 248F°/ 120C° it all depends how firm you like them.
- Remove the caramel from heat, and stir in vanilla and sea salt.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly brushed with oil, 9by-13 inch rimmed baking sheet and let stand until cooled, keep in the refrigerator until firm.
- Cut the caramel into pieces and wrap each piece in waxed paper and enjoy.
See the video below how I made these, pluss an ekstra bonus, delicious Caramel Crunch Caramels, grab the recipe here.