Yesterday I shared this photo above on instagram and so many of you wanted the recipe, so here you have it.These cookies, My gosh they are so delicious, a sweet almond cookie filled with coffee ganache, and dipped in dark chocolate and drizzled with some sea-salt, absolutely magical. these cookies are made after the famous Sarah Bernhardt cookies.
See the video below how to make these.
Almond cookies yield 24 cookies
- 400 g whole almonds
- 165 g sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 185 g light corn syrup or white syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla sugar
- 2 ¼ cups (500 ml) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (100 g) runny honey
- 2 tbsp instant espresso powder
- 14 oz. (400 g) dark chocolate (66% cocoa solids), chopped
- 2/3 cup (150 g) unsalted butter
- 10 OUNCES (280 G) SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE, COARSELY CHOPPED
- 2 TEASPOONS COCONUT OIL
- sea salt
Preheat oven to 320°F (160°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Process the raw almonds in a food processor until they are finely ground.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- With a mini ice-cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough on the baking sheet, dust the tops with some powdered sugar, take the back of a tea cup and press slightly down.
Bake in the middle oven rack for 20 minutes, and let cool.
Make the coffee ganache, some hours before;
- Into a large bowl add dark chocolate and diced butter and instant espresso powder
- Put the cream, honey into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over the chopped dark chocolate and diced butter in 2-3 additions, stirring well after each addition. Leave to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to set for some hours at room temperature.
- Place the coffee ganache in a pastry bag fitted with a 1 m tip. Pipe a rose onto one cookie. You can also add the cream with an spatula. put the other cookie on top, and Freeze until the ganache is very firm, about 30 min.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE COATING:
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth. Stir in coconut oil. Cool until it’s slightly warm.
- Remove cookies from freezer. Dip halv the cookie in delicious melted dark chocolate. Place on a wire rack to set.
- 3 Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy, I wish you all an amazing weekend, filled with love,