Hi sweet readers, On the first day December, I am sharing with you how to make these delicious bounty bars, these bounty bars are made with a gooey coconut filling and coated
with dark chocolate, they are drizzled with sea salt and fine shredded coconut. This homemade version is so much better than store-bought, and best of all so easy to make and perfect for the holidays.
- 1 cup ( 225 g) sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 400 ml heavy cream
- 160 g unsalted butter
- 400 g Unsweetened Coconut Shredded, Fine Shred
- 5 oz (149g) dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Sea salt , for drizzle
- Unsweetened Coconut Shredded, Fine Shred, for drizzle
- In a medium saucepan, heat the heavy cream until it starts to boil.
- In a large bowl add the unsweetened Coconut Shredded, sugar, vanilla, and diced butter.
- Pour the warm cream over the coconut mixture
- Blend it well together and make sure all the butter is totally dissolved.
- Put a plastic wrap over the bowl and leave it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Put the mixture in a piping bag, fitted with a large round nozzle, you will need a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. pipe 3-inch stripes (bars) onto the baking sheets.
- Cover the baking sheet with plastic wrap and put it in the freezer until the coconut stripes are firm, about 3 hours.
- Melt the dark chocolate, add a teaspoon of coconut oil and dipp each coconut stripe (bar) into the melted chocolate, put it back on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle it right away with some sea-salt and some more coconut, and enjoy.
I wish you all a great day, xoxo Manuela