These cute and fluffy marshmallows are perfect for the holidays. Vanilla marshmallows have been a favorite of mine since childhood.
But the combination of vanilla and salted caramel it is just magical.♥
Fluffy vanilla Marshmallows ♥
- 2 ½ TABLESPOONS UNFLAVORED POWDERED GELATIN
- ¾ CUP (180 ML) COLD WATER
- 1 CUP (225 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- ¾ CUP (180 ML) LIGHT CORN SYRUP OR GLUCOSE SYRUP, DIVIDED
- ⅓ CUP (80 ML) WATER
- 1 TABLESPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR 1 TEASPOON VANILLA EXTRACT
Marshmallow Coating ♥
- 200 g POWDERED SUGAR, SIFTED
- 75 g CORNSTARCH, SIFTED
Marshmallows & salted caramel ♥
- 1 RECIPE FOR FLUFFY VANILLA MARSHMALLOWS ( SEE RECIPE ABOVE)
- 1/2 RECIPE FOR SALTED CARAMEL
how to make the Marshmallows;♥
- Spray the cavities of a silicone mold with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the gelatin powder and ¾ cup cold water in a small bowl; let sit for 5 minutes to dissolve.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, ⅓ cup water, and half the corn syrup. Clip a candy thermometer to saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved. The syrup needs to reach 240°F (120°C).
- Meanwhile, pour remaining light corn syrup in a standing mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment
- Microwave gelatin mixture on high until completely melted, about 40 seconds. Start the mixer on low speed and gradually pour into the mixer bowl and leave mixer running on low speed.
- Once the syrup reaches 240°F (120°C), gradually add the syrup to the mixer bowl and beat for one minute on low speed. increase speed to medium-high and beat for about 5 minutes.Add the vanilla bean paste and beat for 1 minute more. The marshmallow mixture should have tripled in volume.
- Quickly scoop the marshmallow mixture into a prepared piping bag fitted with a wide round nozzle and fill the mold cavities. Work fast,
- Let it to set for one hour or overnight.
- 9 When ready, pop out the marshmallows from the silicone mold and roll in into the coating. Let dry for a few hours.
instructions how to make the Marshmallows with salted salted caramel, ♥
- Make the salted caramel, the recipe you can find here, and the video you can find here.
- Pour the cooled salted caramel into a pastry bag and pipe into your marshmallows.
Enjoy it in some hot cocoa, it is perfect for wintertime and so delicious.♥
My English book ” LOVE MANUELA, THE BAKING BOOK “ is finally here!
And ready for you to order just in time for Christmas, WE SHIP WORLDWIDE
Get your SIGNED COPY by clicking here.