I mainly make Salted Caramel Popcorn around the holidays because it is just too deliciously addicting to make all year-round.
Coated with mouth-watering salted caramel and vanilla, this crunchy popcorn makes the perfect sweet and salty combo;
it’s a great gift to give for the holidays.
SALTED CARAMEL POPCORN ( Yields: about 14 cups popcorn)
- 14 CUPS (175 G) LIGHTLY SALTED POPPED POPCORN
- 2 CUPS (400 G) LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 1 ¾ CUPS (395 G) UNSALTED BUTTER
- 1 CUP (240 ML) LIGHT CORN SYRUP
- 3 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- 1 TEASPOON SEA SALT
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the popped popcorn in two lightly greased large bowls.
- Lightly grease two silicone spatulas and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup,and 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan. Cook over low-medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture reaches 280°F (140°C), about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste, salt, and baking soda.
- Immediately pour over popcorn; using the greased silicone spatulas, gently stir to evenly coat the popcorn.
- Divide the popcorn onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 5 minutes in the middle oven rack. Remove both trays from oven and stir popcorn to ensure that the caramel is evenly disturbed and that won’t burn on top.
- Bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, stir again,and cool.
- Once completely cooled, have a taste, it is so delicious!
- If necessary, break popcorn into pieces.
- The popcorn can last up to 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container, but to be honest, this is way too yummy to leave in an airtight container for two weeks.