Hi everyone ♥
I hope you had an amazing Christmas time. Most of you probably feel pretty full of all the Christmas desserts , But we have New Year’s Eve coming soon and for that I thought it would be delicious with my favorite Tiramisù.
When I visited Yas Island a few years back I stayed at the Yas Viceroy Hotel where there was a Italian restaurant where i got to taste this delicious Tiramisú for the first time. I politely asked for the recipe, and the chef himself, Chef Angelo, gave it to me even if he has refused to give it to anyone else before. I felt so lucky when I was allowed to share it with you, this dessert is unbelievably good and an absolute keeper of a recipe.
Watch the video below how this all come together!
This is the last video for this year and in the series Manuela’s magical Christmas I sure hope you enjoyed all the short videos in this series!
Tiramisù ( (recipe from Italian Chef Angelo from Yas Viceroy Hotel in Abu Dhabi)
- 24 LADYFINGERS
- 1-2 TBSP. INSTANT ESPRESSO POWDER
- 4 TBSP. BOILING WATER
VANILLA MIXTURE, ( I recommend making this double)
- 240 GRAM SUGAR
- 4 TBSP. WATER
- 160 GRAMS ABOUT 6 LARGE EGG YOLKS
- SEEDS FROM 1 VANILLA BEAN OR 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE
MASCARPONEFILLING, ( I recommend making this double)
- 500 GRAM MASCARPONE CHEESE
- 150 ML HEAVY CREAM
- DARK COCOA POWDER
HOW TO MAKE THE VANILLA MIXTURE;
- Put the water and sugar into a small saucepan, stir until the sugar is dissolved, dont stir anymore and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Let it simmer until the syrup is 225°F(113°C).
- Put the egg yolks into a clean mixing bowl and add the vanilla seeds or vanilla bean paste.
- Whisk until the egg yolks are pale and airy.
- When the syrup has reached the right temperature pour into the egg yolks in a thin, steady stream while still whisking.
- Whisk for another 4-5 minutes or until ribbons form when lifting the beaters.
HOW TO MAKE THE MASCARPONEFILLING
- Put the mascarpone and cream into a separate bowl and whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- add the mascarpone- and cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture until everything is well blended and there are no more lumps.
HOW TO MAKE Tiramisù
- Make the coffee mixture. Put the instant espresso powder into a bowl, pour in the boiling water and stir to mix.
- Line the bottom of your serving bowl with the lady fingers.
- Brush the lady fingers with the strong coffee mixture
- Spoon half of the cream filling over the lady fingers, dust the top with cocoa powder.
- Now you are going to make a second layer – using lady fingers, strong coffee mixture and filling.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight!
- Just before serving dust the top layer with dark cocoa powder, and enjoy.