HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ♥
I hope you all had an amazing New Year’s Eve Celebration yesterday. I wanted to start of the new year with some breakfast ideas and first out is this Chocolate & Berries Granola that is just so delicious.
This granola is easy to make, and if you like you can make it gluten free by using gluten free oatmeal.This granola is made with delicious nuts like walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans and almonds, oatmeal and pumpkin seeds.
After it has been in the oven and cooled down I add chunks of dark chocolate, dried raspberries, dried grand berries, raw coconut flakes and blend it all together. I like to serve it with naturell yogurt and some fresh fruit on top! I hope you are going to love this one as much as I do!
CHOCOLATE & BERRIES GRANOLA
- 500 GRAMS LARGE OATS
- 400 GRAMS NUTS , SUCH AS ALMONDS, HAZELNUTS, WALNUTS, PECANS, CHOPPED
- 5 TBSP PUMPKIN SEEDS
- 1/2 CUP ( 100 GRAM ) LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 100 GRAM HONEY OR MAPLE SYRUP
- 65 ML COCONUT OIL ( I USE ORGANIC)
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE ( OPTIONAL)
- 3 TABLESPOON HOT WATER
- 100 -150 GRAMS RAW COCONUT FLAKES ( I USE ORGANIC)
- 100 GRAM DRIED CRANBERRIES
- 100 GRAM DRIED RASPBERRIES
- 250 GRAMS DARK CHOCOLATE 70% , CHOPPED
- Preheat the oven to 340 °F (170 °C).
- Chop the nuts roughly, add it into a large bowl.
- Add the oatmeal, and pumpkin seeds and stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, Mix together the brown sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, water and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Tip out onto a lined baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the oven and stir the granola.
- Put the tray back into the oven for 15-20 minutes more.
- Let cool completely.
- Chop the chocolate in chunky pieces.
- Add the chunky pieces of chocolate, dried berries and raw coconut flakes to the cooled granola
*The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
THIS GRANOLA IS SO DELICIOUS TO SERVE WITH YOGURT NATURELL AND SOME FRESH FRUIT LIKE BLUEBERRIES AND RASPBERRIES AND DRIZZLE SOME HONEY ON TOP IF YOU LIKE.
Have a wonderful day you all, and check back soon for more recipes.