Hi Sweet Readers ♥
Hope you all are doing great. I love a good bread in the morning for breakfast and this no knead bread is both delicious and easy to make. The result is like getting a bread from your local bakery, except you pay less. This bread is super easy to make , and all you need is to blend all ingredients together in a large bowl and proof overnight. An overnight rest develops a wonderful bread’s flavor and strengthens its gluten and it effectively “kneads” itself! The story about No- knead bread I believe was started by Jim Lahey from “The Sullivan Street Bakery“ and from there so many people has used his technique in making of this No-Knead Bread.
NO-KNEAD CRUSTY WHITE BREAD
- 600 GRAMS ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/3 TEASPOON YEAST POWDER
- 5OO ML WATER , LUKEWARM 105°F
- In a large bowl add flour, yeast powder and salt and stir together until combine.
- Add room temp water and stir everything together to make a very sticky, rough dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, put a towel on top and let it proof at room temperature for at least 12- 18 hours, the dough will become bubbly and rise quite a bit, so be sure your bowl is large enough.
- Dust the counter table with a good amount of flour, and scape the dough out of the bowl with a spatula, this is one sticky mess!
- Make sure you cover your hands with flour and fold the dough with either your hands or a spatula on all sides a few times, almost like you would fold a envelop, It is sticky so use flour add times, almost like you are feeding the dough.
- Dust a baking paper with flour put the dough on top, lift the paper on each corner and put it into a large bowl, cover the bowl and let it proof for another 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Once the oven is preheated, place the 6-quart Dutch oven (with cover) in oven 30 minutes before baking.
- Remove the hot Dutch oven from the oven with your gloves, remove the lock, lift the dough out of the bowl by lifting it on the baking paper, and put the both the baking paper with the dough carefully inside to Dutch oven, put the lock back on and put it back in the oven.
- Bake the bread 30 minutes covered.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lock and then bake for another 5 to 15 minutes uncovered until dough is baked through and deep golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the oven, and cool it on a rack. Store leftover bread in a plastic bag at room temperature.
*ONCE THE BREAD IS COOL, REMOVE THE PAPER, SO IT IS EASILY REMOVED
CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES, LOVE MANUELA XOXO