Hi everyone ♥
If you have not yet decided what to make for Valentine’s Day, then maybe I can tempt you with this delicious cake.
This CLASSIC BUDAPEST ROLL is made with roses on top and makes it perfect for valentine day.
The inside is filled with a delicious smooth raspberry cream, fresh raspberries, and dark chocolate.
The cake is rolled up and drizzled with dark lush chocolate, I top the roll with roses, and dust the top with some powdered sugar for a dreamy look.
This cake will just melt in your mouth.
Watch the video below to see how it all came together, and get inspired.
VALENTINES DAY CLASSIC BUDAPEST ROLL
- 250 GRAMS EGG WHITES
- 450 GRAMS SUGAR
- 200 GRAMS GROUND HAZELNUTS OR ALMONDS
- 75 GRAMS JELL-O PUDDING – INSTANT VANILLA
- 500 ML HEAVY CREAM, COLD
- 250 GRAM MASCARPONE, COLD
- 100 GRAM POWDERED SUGAR
- 100-200 ML COLD RASPBERRY PUREE
- SLICED RASPBERRIES
- CHOPPED DARK CHOCOLATE
60 GRAMS DARK CHOCOLATE MELTED ( OPTIONAL)
1 TABLESPOON POWDERED SUGAR FOR DUSTING
- ROSES MADE FROM THE LEFTOVER OF THE RASPBERRY CREAM
- Preheat oven to 320F / 160 C°
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slowly add the sugar while beating the egg whites on low speed.
- In a medium bowl, blend the ground hazelnuts with the Jell-O Pudding-Instant Vanilla
- With the use of a spatula, carefully fold in the hazelnuts / Jell-O Pudding-Instant Vanilla mixture with the egg whites.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a large round nozzle and pipe stripes from one side of the baking tray to the other side, pipe each stripe close to each other.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 20 min, or until set.
- Let the meringue cool completely.
- In a bowl, whip up the heavy cream, mascarpone, and powdered sugar until it thickens, add the raspberry puree and combine.
- Flip the cake upside down onto a new sheet of parchment paper.
- Carefully peel off the parchment paper spread the whipped cream over the bottom of the cake.
- Place the raspberries and chopped chocolate on top of the cream.
- Place the long side of the cake in front of you and start rolling it.
- I find using the parchment paper and a silicon mat underneath helps the rolling ones you get started, hold on to the paper rather than the cake.
- Once rolled up to make sure the edge of the roll is facing down.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle on top, when the chocolate is firm, pipe some beautiful roses on top with the leftover raspberry cream.
- dust the top with icing sugar and enjoy!
552 PAGES OF YUMMINESS, FULL COLORED BAKING BOOK WITH LOTS OF STEP BY STEP PICTURES.
TO ORDER MY BOOK CLICK THIS LINK
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!
THE BEAUTIFUL VERA WANG PRODUCTS USED IN THE VIDEO YOU CAN BUY HERE. ( #AD)